Saturday, November 3, 2012

Talos and My Frozen Blood

We crossed the river about 1/2 days journey out from the towers and there I found indications of the veneration of Talos here in Nordic lands.  His statue and shrine lay near a small body of water.  Somehow had left and offering of heavy armour and weaponry.  I decided to leave the offering in place.  Lidia and I continued on.  The river wrapped back around in our course once again and coming down the hill we were attacked by a Spriggan.  My mount sensed it first.  (I think I may start calling her Sprig for that).  This Spriggan had an ensourceled elk at its side.  I've encountered Spriggans before, their gnarled wood like skin has often been hard on my weapons.  They very once very thick in the south.  But I have never seen one with the ability to enchant an animal.

On the banks of the river we discovered a strangely quite mill site.  Conversation with a very guarded and unfriendly woman revealed the men had departed for war.  I think Lidia's presence made her more comfortable in talking to me.  IN exchange for food and board I helped her chop some lumber and run some board through the mill so she could meet a contract that she had.

The next afternoon as I was finishing work, I found myself in battle with another blood dragon.  The other had attacked me with fire.  This one with frost.  But they are far too numerous. It was a monstrous battle draining the reserves of energy in my best staff and exhausting me.  I am frozen to the bone.  Lidia has helped me to take take shelter in the workman's cottage here.  Departure will wait until tomorrow. 

Gilfre, the owner of the mill was killed the dragon.  

My old instincts still reign.  I depended on my ability to case lightening, on my staff, and on my sword.  My voice, I didn't think to call upon.


No comments:

Post a Comment