Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Questions

I continue to be troubled by this Morokei creature, whose mask I am now in possession of. 

It is a mask of great power - tapping the source directly. 

I journeyed up the hill to the Jarl's hall to borrow his library and discovered there a vague reference in ancient legend when the north was supposedly ruled by dragons and their priests, the greatest of whom wore great masks.  The legend recounts that these priests were often buried in the great Nordic halls to await the coming of the dragon known as the "world-eater"

If this is true, the fact that I ran into a creature that could be a dragon priest in this time bodes that this manifestation of dragons could be serious indeed.

I also learned that the Jarl is still upset at my engagement with the Thalmor on the road.  His steward suggested strongly to me that I should consider a journey outside the realm for awhile.  And it happens that I had been thinking of leaving for a while anyway, though for a different reason.

These spectral weapons bother me as well and I am loath to leave them here.  I am thinking to take them back to Dragon Falls manor and hide them there. And then circle around from the south up the coast to Winterhold to deal with the orb and the Thalmor mage Ancano.

I've been thinking a lot about Dragon Falls.  I don't know my mother's family well.  I know they lived in Evermor, just over the border in western Skyrim.  I think the family there was more elvish than human but both my father and mother were Breton so my line is thoroughly mixed with human and elvish blood.  Probably why I am sensitive to the gift and yet have a reasonable sword arm.  I wonder if the mixture has anything to do with my aptitude for the word, being dragonborn. 

It occurs to me that my local blacksmith might know something more of the so called dragon priests as he seems rather knowledgeable about myth and legend, especially related to ancient weapons and such.  But I don't think I'll share knowledge of the mask with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment