Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lidia

The people of the north are strong, silent, fiercely independent it would appear.  Lidia is not much more talkative than Faen, but at least I got her to tell me a bit about how she came to be in the service of the Jarl of Whiterun.

Seems she is the bastard daughter of one of his leading warriors.  She never knew her mother.  Her father was killed in a skirmish with bandits when she was small.  She grew up in the keep, with the men at arms teacher her skills.  This probably accounts for her brash and sarcastic attitude toward most things and her strength.  She is not even sure how old she is. But because of her skill she found herself be given more and greater responsiblities until she was named Sword Maiden by the Jarl.  I get the impression she is one of his favored, which says to me that the Jarl does believe I may be dragonborn.  Hmmm.

I continue to ponder the nature of the gift.  The intersect of the material world, of power and energy, the ability to warp space and move through time, and now the added dimension of the power of the word have me pondering the deepest mysteries of the created realm. 

I suppose words do have and always have had power.  There is power in names people are given.  "Sword Maiden", "dragonborn".  Words between husband and wife have power I suppose.  Words between friends, between enemies, between rules of states and powers. Words effect destinies for they influence and sometimes establish perspectives.  Words form things. 


Indeed all the universe is formed.  There are rules, boundaries, possibilities, all liked to the divine structure given to our Created Realm by the All Maker.  Could the power of His Word be behind it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment