Thursday, November 1, 2012

A different look

I made my way out this morning to check on my horse.  She's still here.  Faithful steed.  She's not become horse steak to a wandering pack of wolves it would appear.  These northern horses are quite sturdy.

The land seems different today, but maybe it is I that am different.  My shoulder wound is sore and it will likely be some days before I feel like traveling.  But it is clean and no sign of festering.  The healing power has almost restored me to normal.  Glamdring is a great weapon, but a bit longer than I am used to wielding. Will need to work on that.

But what seems most different is this land is ancient and was once home of the elves.  Who were these elves from so long ago who came this world from across the sea to battle evil.  Are the ruins of the Aelids far to the south some hint of their presence or were they an even more ancient race? How are the wood elves of today related.  Sadly I know little of the elves and their history in this land.  I hope to do some reading at the college.  I wish I had access to the libraries in the Citadel, but going south seems impossible.  I wonder what Faengal could tell me of his people. In fact laid up here, I could use a few good books to pass the time.

I hope Farkas waits for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment