Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Near death experience

Ok, I must admit that I miss Faen.  I purchased a horse on my way out of town, and while his body heat is much appreciated, his conversation skills are somewhat lacking.  On the way to meet my new companion, we chanced upon a campsite of sorts with an entrance into the ground.  Thinking it looked quite deserted it beckoned.  I was ambushed inside by a man with quite a set of warrior skills.  I barely survived the battle, having to summon a creature of fire to assist me.  I detest summoning these bound creatures of another world, but it was that or die.  Still as I write this I am deeply wounded.  My healing skills have saved my life, but my arrival will be delayed at the treasure site.  At least it is beautiful here, and a bit warmer.

And speaking of treaure, I have found map for a treasure near Whiterun.  I shall have to look this up upon my return.

Pain hinders my sleep.  And thinking of treasure has me remembering my grandmother and something she shared with me years ago.  Her father had an estate here in the northern lands.  I am not sure where, but I seem to recall she spoke of the great mountain cutting off most of the northern winter sun.  That would place it somewhere to the south of the throat of the world.  Her family name was White, taken I suppose from this snowy land.  A common name, it may be hard to find should I ever go looking for it.  The white hall.  And now that I think of it, she described water falls near the estate, that it was on the water.  I purchased a map before I set out and looking at it I wonder if her ancestral land could be somewhere near Ivarstead on Lake Geir.  It certainly lies in the shadow of the throat of the world.



Now I turn from these pages to rest my eyes and hope my steed fares well during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment